Monday, September 8, 2008

Daily Schedule for 9/05/08

On Friday we tried an experiment. We had a "Love of Learning" Day. It didn't go as well as I'd hoped though. I am hoping that this will teach them to be self-learners. I think I'll do this occasionally. Olivia did really good, but Jared struggled with finding his own things to do. I did have some parameters to the day...no tv, movies, video games, etc.... This is what they did/chose...

Jared
Read a Magic Tree House book.
Flew his kite.
Jumped on the trampoline.
Did a math lesson.
Did some math wrap-ups.
Played some individual math games.
Did his Snap Circuits, Jr set.
Played with his Lego's and Rescue Hero's.

Olivia
Jumped on the trampoline.
Make zucchini bread.
Helped me freeze and prepare carrots and zucchini for the winter.
Read for several hours.
Did digital scrap booking.
Played with Jared's Snap Circuits, Jr set.
Did some blogging and book reviews on Good Reads.

No comments: