Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Christmas Wish

Last night we were all visiting about Christmas. Since it had snowed I guess it was on our minds. We were asking them what they wanted. We all mentioned a lot of things. Luke is getting baptized the week after Christmas and he will get a lot of traditional 8 year old presents. He's very excited. However, he tugged at my arm and in a timid and brave voice said very seriously, "Mom, all I really want for my birthday and Christmas is for you to home school me." How sweet. I've wanted to wait to pull him out until 3rd grade. However, it's been the same age-around 8- that the other two started begging. He's been asking for a couple of months now. I received a note one day asking me. He doesn't like school for the most part and looks forward to "the day" he is homeschooled. I need to stop worrying about what other people think though and do what is right for our kids. Anyhow my goal now is just to make it through first grade for right now.

3 comments:

Becca said...

awe! That is sweet!

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

Isn't it great when you can wait until your kids beg for it? I went to first grade, had a wonderful teacher, lots of friends...but I knew I was missing out by not home schooling with my siblings. I begged my mom to let me homeschool. As a result, she had me make a calendar and write a happy face or a sad face on each day, for a month, when I got home from school. However, I quickly realized that I had too many happy faces and started putting sad ones, even when it had been a great day. Hence: my public school experience lasted a total of three months. I've never regretted it's short length to this day.