Thursday, October 16, 2008

Daily Schedule 10/16/08

Today was another "teacher in service day" to the temple. It was nice to get some good inspiration about the children because I needed it and they did too. The older two went to work with Alex and had a great time.

Olivia
Math: Lesson 36
Language Arts: Verbs
Free Reading: 30 min The Pearl
Life Skills: Filing at work with Alex and Worked on the Playhouse
Computers/Typing: Blogging and Good Reads
Writing: Blogging

Jared
Math: Lesson 36
Phonics/Handwriting: Explode the Code, 4 pages finished the book onto the next one
Book on Tape: 6 hours of Eldest
Life Skills: Worked on the playhouse


To Show Parent Scholar here are some things we modeled to the children today...
Deanna
Went to the temple
Read Persuasion for 2 hours

Alex
Went to Work
Worked on the Playhouse
Worked on his college class for 2+ hours
Working on The Sackett by Louis L'Amour

2 comments:

Becca said...

So what does your husband do? It is nice that the kids can go with him to work... we are self employed and my kids get lots of opportunities to go with Dad.

Let's do keep in touch... our boys sound very similar...

De Leo Family said...

What an amazing blog! You are great homeschoolers. Thanks for making your blog public. My sister, Camille Schmidt, told me about you. I am impressed with your home education. Your kids seem smart and so fun. I homeschool my children too. This is my second year homeschooling my kids and I was homeschooled as a kid myself, like Camille. If you would like to see my blog, it is: deleofamily.blogspot.com
Great schedules! How many hours a week do you usually dedicate to sit down work (math, language arts, history, etc.) How old are your kids? Mine are 8, 6, 4, and 1. =)