Wednesday, November 12, 2008

11/12/08: Core Phase

Today we took a full "core" phase day. I wasn't feeling very well and I had a sore throat so I couldn't read to them for mom school. They had a great day. They enjoy a day off every once in a while from our schedule. But they prefer the schedule. I know in the "Thomas Jefferson Education" system they say that those in the "love of learning" phase will occasionally go back to "core" phase for a day here and there. I have to laugh that while they were free from our schedule they both still wanted to do Math and Spelling.
Olivia
Math: Lesson 52 and 53
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Music: Practiced singing
Art: Painted her volcano
Book on Tape: 2 hours of the Blood Red Horse
Memorization: Books of the New Testament and Books of the Book of Mormon
Life Skills: Apple Crumb Pie
Sewing: We sewed the first half of her quilt. It's looking good!
Activity Days!
Service: Helped me at Young Women in Excellence with decorations, slide show and other errands.
I also should note that Olivia is very faithful at reading her scriptures every night.


Jared
Math: Lesson 50
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Art: Painted his volcano (that he had already exploded)
Book on Tape: 3+hours of a book on tape
Memorization: Books of the New Testament and Books of the Book of Mormon
Creative Play: Lots of it with Lego's and Rescue Heroes
Scouts!

Jared painted his with dinosaur tracks on it, because it was a "prehistoric volcano." Olivia's has wildflowers on the sides of hers.

Family (in the evening):
Mark 9 & 10

To Show Parent Scholar here are some things we modeled to the children today...
Deanna
Piano
Read 1 hour
Sewed with Olivia (I detest sewing even more than ironing. My sewing machine is the one household appliance I have that seeks to actively enrage me. Today was a good day though. Olivia knows I love her when I'll sew with her). : )
Made 8 Apple Crumb Pies with Olivia
Helped at scouts (I'm now an assistant den mother)
Young Women in Excellence! It was wonderful!!!
Alex
Went to work
Worked on his college class
Technical support at YW in Excellence, he's such a good sport!! He does a great job modeling supporting your spouse in their calling.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hope you feel better soon!