Thursday, November 6, 2008

Creative Writing Ideas

You may think from all my huge entries everyday that I make my kids do stuff all day. That's not true. (I do make them do Math, Grammar and Spelling though-but most of the time they do that willingly and the rest of the time they just do because they know they need to. They understand the big picture). We spent half our day just reading books together. I especially don't "make" my kids write. I try to inspire them and I provide outlets for them though. Olivia is old enough now that she can read and write beyond fluently so we've allowed her to have a blog. It is a great way for to her to write/journal/create! Once your children get a certain level and if they would like it I recommend it highly. I've also found that reports on Good Reads (or other online bookshelves) is another great place they will naturally want to write. All of this comes with the added bonus of typing and computer skills! Both blogging and good reads allows for private accounts if you feel safer with that. It's also a good teaching oppourtunity about what information to share and not share on line.

Here's a recent blog post she made that I copied. She was "tagged" and had to tell 8 things about herself. She's experimenting with parenthesis, quotation marks, and humor. Another thing I find interesting is that she seems to always take the opportunity to bear her testimony. The rising generation truly is great. Anyhow.. here's a great activity that she CHOOSE to do... (Also I don't edit her posts. We talk about them some times.)

1. I love horses(bet ya didn't know that!) I love riding, I've ridden in snow and rain it doesn't keep me away!

2. I love computers and being on them. It's so fun. I enjoy every minute with them, unless of course I'm "mad" at them.

3. My dream vacation is a cruise on the Mediterranean, I want to go on a cruise sooooooo bad!

4. I'm at work today with my dad! I love the time here. Just to be on computers is a day of dreams to me (really it is)!

5. I love goodreads and to add books to my "to read" shelf. Most of them I don't know if I'll even read but it's fun to add them.

6. We went to T*** today and went shopping, I got some new "fake" nails (I'm running out of idea's).

7. I'm a total Conservative, I just can't stand Obama. To tell you the truth I almost puked when I found out he won! I just can't stand for him. As I would say to my parents, "my father has taught me well" just so all of you know my dad is the vice chair district 25 Republican party. I love it, stand for truth and right.

8. My favorite place to be is Southern Idaho, in small towns like D****** and R****** I just can't stand big cities, sometimes even Twin can be a little to big for me. I have seen quite a bit of the US compared to most people my age, and I choose here (of course I have been here the longest). I do like SLC (Salt Lake City) but just temple square. Always having to drive slow, it's just not fun! And most of all there isn't any horses! Well there are but not western style (western style riding) horses.

As you can see I can have big opinions and they matter to me. I stand for truth and right. I don't let evil get in my way. It's hard I can tell you, it's not like there aren't trials. Last but not least and once again, I stand for truth and right.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Wow! What a treasure that girl is! She writes so well and I really enjoyed her post!

De Leo Family said...

What an amazing daughter you have! Good job Deanna! I just love her style of writing and her personal convictions of goodness. I just love your blog. Do you think you will end up homeschooling your younger darlings? You are a fantastic educator. I am proud of you, fellow homeschooling LDS Mom. =)