Friday, April 3, 2009

April 3, 2009 (Friday): Showtime!


Play practice started at 9 AM! We practiced lots, preformed two live shows and collapsed in bed at 8 PM. It was a very long time, but we had a blast! The kids did so well! The play was "The Little Mermaid" in case I didn't mention that in a previous post. It's not like the Disney version at all. Luke and Caleb were dancing "cowboy" seahorses, Jared was a seasider and Olivia was a scout (they did all kinds of funny things). We're so proud of them, they did great!
At the beginning of the week the kids weren't to sure if they wanted to participate, but they agreed. They remembered that they had had a lot of fun last year doing it. Today they were very happy they did it. I'm so glad I played the piano for it. They had asked me to last year, but I was in charge of the Scholastic Book Fair at the School all that week and so I couldn't. Soooo, this year I wanted to make up for it. I'm always telling the kids to "do hard things." And my number one motto in parenting is, "I won't ask the kids to do anything I'm not willing to do myself." Needless to say I'm involved a lot. But, I believe that's powerful parenting. That's why I do everything I do. I also always tell them with 1. passion and 2. practice you can accomplish anything. So I try to live my parenting tips....

We had a two hour break this afternoon between shows and came home and ate homemade dinner made just for me by my dear sister who new we had been running all week. Sisters are great! We also read four more chapters of Fablehaven.

We finished the night off with some taped American Idol. What a great week!

2 comments:

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

It looks like quite a performance. Congratulations to all. Children learn more from your example as you already know.

I interviewed homeschool mom, Lisa Bently for my blog. The interview is featured today.

Shari
http://sharilyle-soffe.com

Becca said...

I love American Idol too. I watch it online and look forward to it all week.

What an awesome play! My kids would love that!! Is it performed through the school or your city? I am thinking I need to contact our school so my kids can get included in some of these types of activites. One thing about homeschooling is I never know what is going on in this town, because they send little notes home to the kids about everything to do with everything in this town, including sports. We never hear about anything until it is too late.

I love your posts too! I feel like you and I are kindred spirits in a way. We are very similar in a lot of ways. Only you are much better than I in many ways! I try to be more like you!