Thursday, April 23, 2009

Luke's conversation

Luke called me into is room because he wanted to read to me something in the book he was reading. He's reading Prince Caspian by CS Lewis right now. He said listen to this... I don't remember the exact words but it was something about somebody fighting and Lucy made a reference to the War of the Roses. With that mention Luke busted up laughing. I didn't think he really understood what they were talking about. I asked him if knew what the War of the Roses was. He said, "Oh, yeah. That was the civil war fought in England. One family was divided because they couldn't agree who should be the king." I just smiled and said your right. I had know idea he knew that.

It's nice to know my kids are learning....I didn't know what the War of the Roses was until I was an adult.

No comments: