Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 21 & 22, 2009 (Thursday and Friday): Was I suppose to post?

So the public school in our small community finished up this week. And before I knew what had happened Olivia spent 3 straight days at her cousins and two of them were with us for 3 straight days. What fun they had! What little we accomplished!

Thursday we went swimming and had baseball. Friday we recovered after they went home. Jared slept for hours!

Olivia put in a serious amount of horse riding and "cowgirling." (yes, I know that's not a word) So my cousin (the kids they play with our my cousin's kids) is the next thing to a professional roper. So they spend a lot of time at roping's and a lot of time with their horses at home practicing. So Olivia spends a lot of time running the chutes and having the time of her life! When she finally decided to move back home she spent a lot of time singing. She also started The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin her next scholar book.

Jared did nothing of educational value. He played hard with his cousin. They spent hours on Lego's with them building.

Luke spent a lot of time working on his new story. It blows my mind that all he wants to do is write. He's 8! He also played hard and played with Lego's.

Caleb had a cousin his age and they lived the high life as well. I had some seriously happy children.

Alex and I went on a date to the temple on Friday night. We had our meeting with our mentor for Oedipus at Colonus by Sophocles. I studied two chapters in my American History class and read Rebekah by Orson Scott Card. I've also been practicing the organ because I have to play in sacrament meeting again this week. Alex finished Oedipus since he hadn't yet. He's still working on The Law by Bastiat. (He's read it before and really likes it). He's also still working on Master and Commander. And we've also had some good solid scripture reading.

No comments: