Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May 6, 2009 (Wednesday): On the move

Another busy Wednesday. In the morning I attended the temple while Alex and the kids did some school work. Twenty minutes after I got home we left again. We dropped Olivia off for scholar school a little early and then went back to town for some more state testing. This time it was for the little boys. They did great. I know most homeschoolers are against state testing, but we are not. We do not study for the test however like the public school. (blah, blah, blah-anyway). Then we picked Olivia up and came home just in time for the Primary Activity where I was asked to help. Then tonight Alex and I were off to mutual. Alex is in the new Bishopric now so we both get to go on Wednesday nights. The kids were invited to their cousins out at the farm/ranch while we were at mutual and they played hard and long and came home tired.

Olivia: Math lesson, editing lesson, classical roots test, vocabulary word of the day, grammar lesson, spell drill, reading in Robinson Crusoe, attended scholar class and went to the primary activity.

Jared: Math lesson, multiplication drill, spell drill, cursive handwriting, listened to 3/4 of Peter and the Starcatchers on CD, did his piano lesson, took a state reading test and went to the primary activity.

Luke: Did 2 math lessons, geography lesson, spell drill, read 3 McGuffy lessons, 5 pages in Explode the Code, spell drill, took a state reading test, listened to the book on tape with Jared and went to the primary activity.

Caleb: Played two math games with Alex, spell drill, several pages in Explode the Code, sight words practice, read a McGuffy lesson, read phonics reader, took a state reading test and went to the primary activity.

Deanna: Scriptures, word of the day, went to the temple, read a couple of chapters in Freckles, helped at the primary activity and went to mutual.

Alex: Scriptures, reading yet more church manuals, word of the day, went to work, listening to Reaganomics and went to mutual.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I have been having a hard time with school lately. I have been consumed with allergies, a friend who is having a very hard time and needs me, my mother who is cra-Z, and a messy house. Yardwork needs done, bills, sigh.....all sorts of stuff and I have no energy. I wish I could get on my game better so I could be a better teacher. I suppose I am having a slump. Glad to have you to inspire me.