Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12, 2009 (Friday): No longer mushy

I had every intention of doing mom school today, but at the very last minute this morning we ended up with 4 cousins for the day. The kids played baseball, golfed and enjoyed lots of trampoline jumping. Also a couple of trips to the store for slushies occurred.

We've been working on good core behavior the last couple of weeks and the kids did really well. They tend to forget their manners when their cousins are here and after their cousins leave. But they did good today. They even earned 3 lightsabers back (all Star Wars things were put up over two months ago) for the first time-on a trial basis.

Olivia worked on her 4-H presentation and made a posterboard up of it. She also made cheesecake.

Well, my brain is no longer mushy. I had a productive day. I wrote a report on the Persian Wars, prepared an oral report on it as well, read two chapters for my American History Class and ordered my midterm, and worked on my Sharing Time lesson. (And read my scriptures and wrote in my journal). I even sewed some things (mended). I fixed our bedspread and two of Alex's pants. Very painful. Maybe my brain is even more mushy than I had thought.

Alex is still working on his same books. He had a church meeting tonight. We also had our adult scholar class (which he had to be late for because of the church meeting) tonight. I spent time with my mentor before class with my Greek pronunciation. We then discussed The Peloponnesian Wars and I gave my oral report to our "class."

2 comments:

Art Reed said...

There is a “New Guy On The Block.”

A retired Saxon math teacher has created DVD “video” tutorials for John Saxon’s math books beginning with algebra 1/2.

They sell for $49.95 for a series (including free shipping).

He also wrote a book on how to correctly use Saxon math books.

Take a look at www.usingsaxon.com

Art Reed

Becca said...

I have been in survival mode for months now, but I always love coming to your blog for some inspiriation!! I feel like I am not getting much accomplished and it just doesn't feel like summer eyt, so maybe things will make a turn for the better. In the meantime, I want a slushie!!!