Monday, December 14, 2009

Dear Homeschool Journal,

This is the week I'm going to be brave. This is the week I'm going to apply the principles of a Thomas Jefferson Education all week. This is the week I put it to the test. This week is the perfect time. We were going to take next week off. Last week we finished two science textbooks and our Idaho History book so I don't want to start new books this week.

Referencing A Thomas Jefferson Education I'm really good about inspiring my kids, I'm really good about reading classics to them, but I have a control issue. I like things my way. That's not always a good thing. But the writing is on the wall, here's some recent comments in our house:

Olivia: "Mom, if you believe all this TJED stuff why don't don't you let me do it?" She said this very nicely by the way. She explained that she was tired of all the dumb stuff I was expecting her to do and it was getting in the way of her studying the important things like literature, music and history.

Olivia: "Mom, I just need time to work on 'my music."

Luke: "I wish I had more time so that I could work on my stories."

Jared: "I want to spend more time memorizing things. Why can't I?"

Jared: (to Alex) "I'm so sick of all the workbooks!"

Caleb: "I just want to play games with you."

Okay, can they be anymore plainer? Sometimes I feel like an idiot. But, life is good to us and allows us all a chance to repent. So here's to a week of submission. Here's to a week of doing things a way other than mine. Look for the verdict at the end of the week. Wish me luck. I really need. Deep breaths.

1 comment:

rneweyfamily said...

good luck! I can't wait to see how the week was.