Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Learning styles

Knowing your child's learning styles is an important part of their learning. You need to utilize those teaching methods to help your child.

I've listed each family member and their preferred method of learning. I've included what works well for them.

Alex - auditory. Alex listens to lots of books of tape because he drives as much as 8 hours in a normal day. He can utilize this time. He also listens to speeches and books while at work.

Deanna- visual. I can not follow along if someone is reading a loud. I do all the reading a lot in the family other wise I wouldn't have a clue. If I can see it I can learn it.

Olivia- auditory. Olivia can actually learn almost any way.

Jared- visual. Jared likes to check off his goals for the day. However, he is probably just as strong audio as anyone. I can read him any level of book and his comprehension his amazing.

Luke- tactile. He has to touch everything. He has to follow along with his finger when he reads. He likes games and hands on learning. One he was little he was know to lick things. He also has to hold something in his hands.

Caleb - visual. He likes looking at pictures to learn. He'll look at an animal while I read to him about it.

No comments: