Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lincoln Days

Over the weekend we celebrated Abraham Lincoln's birthday in our district by attending the annual Lincoln Days. It's a fun event we always look forward to. It's also a big Republican rally. The Governor, Senator, Congressman, Lt. Governor and other state leaders were in attendance again. The kids always enjoy seeing them every year. The state leaders are actually starting to remember the kids because so few kids participate.

This year Olivia was asked to sing again. She also sang the National Anthem last minute. See this post. Alex also spoke. He did great for his first "speech." He has gotten a lot of support. The governor pulled him aside afterwords and said if you want to use my name you have my full support. All the campaign managers of the state leaders have been so helpful. They are fun people! They are my favorite. They also remembered our family from last year. I taped Alex's speech. It's long so I only want to upload it once. I'm putting on his facebook page so look there for it soon.

Our family strongly believes in this country and the freedoms we have. We know it is our duty to stand up and fight for them. I'm grateful for great husband that understands this and leads our home in all things. God Bless the USA!

I don't know why I didn't get pictures of the kids with the state leaders this year?

1 comment:

Celeste B. said...

How awesome! I wish we had more patriotic events like that here.