Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Daily Schedule for 8/26/08


How Olivia does her math everyday...


Jared rolling on the floor doing a Math Wrap-up...


Doing their magic crystal pet (a dog) experiment...


Both
Pray/Pledge
Children's Magazine: The Children's Friend, 1 story and 1 poem
Religion: Preach My Gospel, The Dispensation of Jesus Christ and The Great Apostasy (Lesson 1, part 5 and 6)
Bible History: Balak and Baalam
Biography/American History: Pocahontas by D'Aulaire
Geography: Virgina
Read-a-loud: 2 chapters of A Wrinkle in Time
Science Experiment: Growing a crystal pet

Jared
Music: Practiced the piano
Art: Made a construction paper replica of his Crystal Tree from yesterday
Math: Lesson 6
Math Drill: Multiplication Wrap-up's 5, orally did 11's. Played an add/sub game.
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Handwriting/Phonics: 5 pages of Explode the Code
Creative Writing: Gave an oral book report for the Magic Tree House #2 that I typed into Good Reads
Free Reading: 30 minutes of Nim's Island
Life Skills: Made Macaroni and Cheese
Game: Totally Tut, a rather hard add/sub game. I lost. The number sequences that I did get Jared actually helped me!

Olivia
Music: Her voice lesson ended up being cancelled by her teacher
Math: Lesson 6
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Typing: Did the final draft of her letter to Luke and typed a recipe into her recipe blog
Free Reading: 45 minutes of Work and the Glory
Life Skills: Banana Bread and Kristen's Chicken Enchiladas
Olivia took a two hour nap this morning after our morning Mom School. Since I think she was 3 the last time she took a nap (not really, but it doesn't happen very often) I let her sleep...

1 comment:

Debra said...

I would often do my homework with my books on the edge of the bed and me kneeling on the floor next to the bed or on bus to ball games. Whatever works. Right!