Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12/16/08

Mom School
Pray and Pledge
Theology: Preach My Gospel,Lesson 5 Book of Mormon
Bible History: Jesus in the temple and Jesus is baptized
Literature: 2 chapters of Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis, finished.
Read-a-loud: 2 chapters of Fablehaven #3 by Brandon Mull
Family History: Life sketch of Eunice Lym Kimball my great grandmother by my grandmother
Music: Community Music Class
PE: Played in the snow for an hour.
Math Game: Played a Telling Time game
American History Game: I Love America Jingo. In order to get a picture on your bingo card you have to guess it from the clues. It covers history and geography. Great game. There is a whole Jingo series. I bought this at an educational store in Missouri so you would have to google it.
Reading: We take turns reading all of the above material everyday.
Science/Pet Care: Jared and Olivia each have a hamster that they are responsible for. They also take turns caring for our dog, cat and sea monkeys.

Olivia
Religion: Read in the Book of Mormon (she wanted me to add that she reads her scriptures every day).
Art: Helped me in the afternoon for three hours making some Christmas crafty presents with my friends. We have to do this one more day to finish them. I can't say what they are because two of the people who are getting these for Christmas will get this blog post in their e-mail box.
Math: Lesson 68
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Language Arts: Mad Libs Parts of Speech. Her new grammar program came in today. We'll see if we like this program better.
Free Reading: Over an hour of Work and the Glory #3 by Gerald Lund.

Jared
Math: Lesson 65
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Handwriting: Cursive R's
Free Reading/Religion: Over 30 min of The Book of Mormon Reader. He diligently reads this 3 times a day. Why I don't know. Every morning at 6 AM, after lunch and right before bed. He's our child that very much likes a routine.
American History: Finished Johnny Tremain on tape. He said he wants to listen to it again.

Luke
World History: 1 hour of Story of the World vol.1
Math: 1 Saxon Math Lesson
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Phonics/Handwriting: 5 pages of Explode the Code
Creative Writing/Typing/Computer: Worked on his story for at least an hour.

Caleb
Caleb read some books. Colored. Did some more dot to dots. Caleb's just happy to be here. He really liked the games today. He's always the first one to volunteer to read during mom school. His reading is gaining by leaps and bounds.

To Show Parent Core/Love of Learner/Scholar here are some things we modeled to the children today...
Deanna: Practiced the piano, did some crafty things that almost killed me as I strongly dislike crafts, and played for the community music class.
Alex: Served as temple ordinance worker, went to work, listened to a Louis L'Amour book.

1 comment:

rneweyfamily said...

I think it's great that you bit the bullet and did crafts. I just can't understand why you don't like them, but of course, I also can't understand why I can't keep my house clean either :)