Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jingo

A couple of years ago we bought a game called I Love America Jingo. It's basically a bingo game. Instead of pulling out a number or a picture though you pull out three clues and you have to guess what the answer is. Then you put your marker on the picture. There is a picture by the clues though so you know you've gotten it right. For example, it might say, "This man was never president, but helped found our country. He is famous for his inventions. He signed the Declaration of Independance." Or something like that. (Benjamin Franklin by the way).

This game is an easy way to cover a lot of information with out having to teach it. They'll memorize all the cards (50 or so??) soon enough, but they will have the knowledge retained. Which is good if you especially like The Well-Trained Mind educational model for lots of early age memorization.

So I googled it since I bought it at an educational store in a far of state I was passing through. I remembered there were lots of different verisons. Well there are. Here's a short list...human body, presidents, math, geography.... I've decided I'm going to buy some more! Here's one link I found. They are around $15.

No comments: