Friday, February 6, 2009

02/06/09: Usborne

Today we had a fun day! This morning we read lots of books. Everyone was reading independently. This afternoon we had our home show for Usborne. That went well. The kids each presented a book(s) that they liked and why they liked them. They played with the friends who were coming and going all day. Olivia helped with the orders and helped people pick out books. Tonight we have a cousin spending the night. I worked on my college class amongst the comings and goings of the day. I visited an "afflicted" friend and gave her dinner. Alex went to a Republican District meeting. Good, fun day.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Do you have much competition around there with Usborne? I swear, one thing about Utah, and small towns in Utah in particular, is everyone has a "small business/mlm" and is trying to sell something. So, everytime I try and have a "show" there are a handful of people who say, "Oh, I sold that once, or, Yeah, I sell these...or, my sister sells this..." etc...

It frustrates me. Sigh.

rneweyfamily said...

The party was a lot of fun. Thanks for inviting me.

Celeste B. said...

You forgot to mention "Good, fun, BUSY day." You are super busy all the time. I used to take college classes while homeschooling, but had to quit when I started working.

I hope your home show went well.