Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1, 2009 (Wed) Practice makes perfect!

Today I needed to practiced the piano for the 'big show' on Friday. I practiced for over 5 hours today. Sooooo, the kids had free reading this morning while I played and played. Luke worked on his story for quiet a while also. He did finish King Arthur. He loved it! The kids enjoyed reading all our Usborne books. Jared read a lot out of the Greek Myths book.

Right after an early lunch we headed to a neighboring town for Olivia's scholar class for Walden. I was able to stay and participate with the class this time. The mentor likes the mom's to stay when they can. Olivia was well prepared. She had her quote and presented it. She stated why she picked it. She had all her questions answered. Olivia also presented her oral report about simplicity. I thought she did great. I'm so proud of her. I can't believe a 10 year can read and understand Walden. I guess it just goes to show that kids can understand more than we think.

After that we hurried home for 4 1/2 hours of play practice. (Read into that more piano practicing). After that I hurried to Young Women's. Alex played games with the kids and read scriptures. Alex is such a good dad. The kids were so bumbed we didn't get to Fablehaven. It was too late by the time I got home though...

1 comment:

Becca said...

wow! my fingers ache just reading this! Good job!!