Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 16, 2009 (Tuesday): Work, Work Work

This morning we did LOTS of chores. We worked until lunchtime. Jared had piano lessons this morning though. We decided we'd had enough of working and went playing. We packed a picnic and went out to the river in the desert. We had a great hike. We pretended we were Indians and "tracked" some deer through the desert. When the tracks changed to looking more like a bobcat they decided they were done tracking. (In the pointing picture they are pointing to the tracks). By the time we were back the suburban Jared had decided it was a cougar with young cubs who were just learning how to hunt. Where do they come up with these things?


After being home an hour we ended up going out to the swimming hole to swim with their cousins. The swimming hole has swelled to twice it's size from the rain, thanks to all the rain. The river was too fast and deep to do much swimming, but there was still some mud. They played "mud monsters" and COVERED themselves in the mud. My friend/cousin took pictures. If I get them I'll post them later. We came home just in time to shower and scrub off the caked-on mud. Then we went to Caleb's t-ball game. The older kids weren't playing (so I wasn't coaching) so we were all able to watch Caleb. Luke even got to play because they were short players. (Luke can technically play on either team).


We finished A Wrinkle In Time in the car. Jared is working on Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh again. Another family favorite.


Olivia finished Common Sense by Thomas Paine. She answered the questions for her scholar class tomorrow.


The kids have fought over the new puppy all day long. We are having to set the timer. So fun.


I'm working on The Law by Bastiat. I also did a lot on my lesson for Stake Activity Day's this weekend. I've been doing some indexing again. I was called as stake extraction worker several years back. When I was the Young Women's President they said not to worry about doing anything with it. Now I'm not though so I'm back in the Family History game again. Olivia has been doing some with me too.


Alex was in Boise all day again. He left at 6:30 AM and got home at 10:30 PM. He's gone a lot of nights, but when he's home, he's HOME. He acts like a dad and a husband and gives us tons of quality time. He's the best!


We read scriptures individually and as a family tonight too.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I loved Olivia's post on the other blog. She sees like such an amazing little girl. Love the mud monsters thing too! My kids love the mud and here in Duchesne we have some spectacular mud.