Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hither and thither I go, oh my!

Family Scripture Study: 1 Nephi 2
Weekly Family Scripture Memorization: Articles of Faith 13

I was actually gone a lot of the day. I hadn't let any of the kids watch a movie all week and they had their points saved up. I was in and out today with visiting teaching appointments. I ended up having to substitute last minute for Primary Activity Girls so I was gone then too! Tonight we had pack meeting.

When I'm in and out I'm not able to make suggestions and do things with them. I find that equals they don't do a lot! Here's what I know they did....

Olivia: Reading in the Real George Washington, making things on a loom, reading in the Work and the Glory #9, practiced the piano, went to activity days-they are making pillows, helped with dinner, animal chores, read her scriptures, helped set up/take down for pack meeting, and listening to Inkdeath.

Jared: Listening to Peter and the Starcatchers on tape, practiced the piano, spent a lot of time on the world geography puzzle, chores, earned 3 Webelos pins at pack meeting, helped set up/take down for pack meeting, led the flag ceremony, participated in two skits, passed out Christmas treats to his scout leaders, and....

Luke: Listening to Peter and the Starcatchers on tape, chores, practiced the piano, drawing pictures, working on his story (on page 19, all typed!), helped set up/take down for pack meeting, participated in the flag ceremony, participated in to skits, led the pack meeting crowd in a cheer, earned a sliver arrowhead, passed out Christmas treats to his scout leaders, and....

Caleb: Caleb has spent a lot of time on Raz-kids.com. This is a good thing. He is gaining a lot of fluency and I'm excited he has found something with reading that is motivating to him. He has jumped several levels in the last three days. He helped set up/take down for pack meeting. He also helped with the geography puzzle and did his chores.

Deanna: Scriptures, journal, conference talk, went visiting teaching, had my visiting teachers over, oversaw pack meeting (I'm the primary counselor over cub scouts), helped set up and take down pack meeting, helped at primary activity days, worked on the geography puzzle with the boys, and I read for a while in Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens.

Alex: Scriptures, went to work, listening to The Last Dickens, had a district Republican party executive meeting (he's the VP for the district), and helped oversee pack meeting with me (he's the unit commissioner).

No comments: