Friday, January 22, 2010

Home Schooling Day on the Hill

Today Caleb and I had the house to ourselves! Alex and the kids were in Boise to attend "Day on the Hill" for home schooling kids. I'm afraid Caleb and I were slobbed out and didn't do a whole lot that was beneficial.

Family Scripture Study: 1 Nephi 18
Weekly Family Scripture Memorization: 1 Timothy 4:12
Chores/Animal Care

Alex, Olivia, Jared and Luke: Awoke in Boise at their cousins. They had a great visit. Went to the capital. They had a tour of the newly rededicated capitol. They meet and talked to several legislators. They each had to argue a bill that they had written. Luke was so scared that when he sat down he was shaking and crying. He rallied after that to ask questions and debate bills after his. Lots of good public speaking opportunities. It was a long day, but they loved it and they learned a lot about our government.

Caleb: Read his scriptures, read in the Ranger Rick to me, started a blog, learned about bears from his Animal DK book, wrote a post about bears on his blog, coloring, played Money, Money! with me, played Book of Mormon Who?, played Stratego, watched a science video, watched a Miss Spider video, watched a Clifford video (all from the library) and went on a walk with me.

Deanna: Read my scriptures, wrote in my journal, wrote a conference talk, word of the day, practiced the piano, read and finished Trojan Women, read in Othello, went on a walk, played ping pong, made dinner for a family, and made food for a 4-H project tomorrow.






No comments: