Monday, January 4, 2010

Today was back to the grind! Here's some of the highlights:

Family Scripture Study: 1 Nephi 7
Family Scripture Memorization: 1 Nephi 4:6
World History: We listened to two hours of Story of the World vol. 2 while we traveled. We also studied the kings and queens of England.

Caleb: Played Blink, worked on a Lego set, read lots of little books, read a book about seashells with me and played Raz-kids.

Luke: Read his scriptures, did some math lessons, did some Explode the Code, wrote an essay about what makes a hero, read several books, typed his books read into goodreads.com, had a piano lesson, and worked on his story.

Jared: Totally rearranged his room. I had him measure everything before hand and he had to decide where things would fit the best. He also worked on his compass. He came up with his goals and typed them on the computer. He practiced the piano and had a piano lesson.

Olivia: Spent hours working on her scholar class. She is almost done reading The Real George Washington. She is also memorizing The Declaration of Independence. She also worked on her compass, but has not finished. She read her scriptures. She practiced the piano and had her piano lesson.

Deanna: I read my scriptures, wrote in my journal, and read a conference talk. I made dinner for some family members who were in from out of town. My big news is that I started piano lessons up again! It has been 25 years since I've had lessons. I'm very excited. Aunt Margaret (our piano teacher) is putting me to work though. I'll be practicing lots every week to keep up with assignments. I'm hoping to continue to keep my kids excited about music. I want music to be a very important part of their lives. I also read a couple of chapters from The Spiritual Lives of the Great Composers.

Alex: Read his scriptures and read several articles in the Ensign. He went to work. He is listening to a Christmas book by Dickens.

Family Home Evening: For Family Home Evening we went to the viewing of my Uncle that died. It was good to visit with family.

No comments: