Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Wind is Blowing

....surprised? I'm not, I live in Idaho, land of the eternal wind storm. Since I don't like to go outside and I prefer to stay inside and read, sew, make green smoothies and eat green eggs it really doesn't bother me. Well, maybe it does. I'm really trying to be all gung ho and "lets go work on our land so we can built a house," so this weather doesn't help.

So we tried to do productive things today. We have cleaned this house up one side and down another. There is no more places to clean. The boys said, "So mom what are we going to clean now?" Me, "Well, I guess we can dust... again." So we dusted again. Then we read for a really, really long time. It's what you do when the wind blows.

We've been all feeling blazee (Is that how you spell that word? Is that even a word? It must be French. I don't know French-obviously) soooooo, we decided to break some rules and we watched two movies. Yes TWO movies. Who ever heard of such laziness, such wanton disregard for the pursuit of truth? So bad. But a pursuit we chose to pursue none the less.

We certainly aren't any more motivated than we were before we started watching them. Yes, it was a waste of time. No I don't feel bad about it. Yes, we'll do something productive tomorrow. But it was kind of fun all curled up on my bed in heating blankets giggling together. They all happily helped Olivia and I cook dinner when we decided to awaken from our brain numbing slumber.

One of our movies was BBC's "Silas Marner" so I don't feel totally heathenish. Oh, well. We'll still get there, I'm sure of it though. Why? Because we love each other and we are immensely happy, even if the wind is blowing.

1 comment:

Lara said...

We are having the same problem. There is nothing left to clean and the weather is too bad to work outside. I told them I would give them sewing lessons during our family work time tomorrow and they liked that idea. I bet they would like the movie idea even better.