Thursday, May 27, 2010

Brain Dead with Only a Few Thoughts

I want to just have all of you write all my posts I've read some good ones again today. You all do such a good job explaining everything. Would you like to write all my posts? That would mean that I'm not thinking much and not growing though. Sigh....

We are done with the state program we have used for the last couple of years. No more state testing, reports or checks. The last traces of public school will now be gone forever.

That also means the computer is getting packed up today. We've used the state one for several years. Now we only have a couple of laptops. This is a headgate we are going to close and see what happens. An experiment. (Olivia isn't very excited about it). Did you know that accessing a desktop computer is really easy? But accessing a laptop is harder, at least in our family. We are hoping that Olivia and I will cut down our time on the computer now. Not that we spent a lot, but more than we should! So now it won't be as easy to be "acted upon" and just check blogs, emails or goodreads for "just a minute" a couple of times a day.

I know many of you out there already do really good at this and don't even need to get rid of your computer to over come your weapons of rebellion. So you guys out there can all be happy that you don't have to deal with this bad habit! : ) But we are needing drastic things to help us! haha We'll see how long it really lasts though. Maybe we can actually learn some self-control. That would be an even better idea though, huh? groan

Moving on from that, Alex won the primaries for state legislature on Tuesday. (hehe he wasn't running against anyone) Now the real war begins against the Democratic incumbent and their big war chest (their money). If you would like to join his facebook group click the link to the right. We have our first parade this weekend. We have a lot of parades this summer....

Anyway that's all I'm going to say right now. Not because I'm holding back though, but because I've run out of things to say today. (imagine that?)

2 comments:

KarenB said...

This is funny - I asked my husband last night if we could get rid of our high-speed internet and just use dial-up, I figured it could save us money and it wouldn't be so tempting to just "quickly check my e-mail" as I'm nursing my baby (like I'm doing now) or just walking by. He didn't go for it though...I guess I'll just have to go with the self-control idea...

Lara said...

I'm glad we're all admitting our computer addictions. I have been on mine less and less and am about ready to give it up altogether because I see the possibilities without it. Just about...

Every distraction I have gotten rid of has made me happier. Why not this too?