Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's Love

Yesterday Alex and I celebrated our 13th anniversary. We have had 13 wonderful years together. We mentioned to each other that it seems like we have always been together. We can't remember not being together.

I feel very blessed to have Alex in my life. I'm quite certain he's the only one that could put up with me and he likes it! We are a great match.

I appreciate Alex because he lets me fill my role as the nurturer of our family. He lets me receive revelation for my my stewardship and then supports me. He trusts me. I am grateful that he loves our children and likes to be home and be with us. I appreciate Alex because he takes very seriously his role as provider, protector and presider of our family. He has never tried to pawn off his roles on me no matter how tight things were or how stressful things became. He understands where his duties lie and he does them.

I am grateful he seeks truth. I am grateful that he gets up super early in the morning and studies the scriptures with me for 1 to 1/2 hours every day. I appreciate that he gives selfless service everyday to all people. I am grateful he never gets angry, he never yells and he his always there.

We are all so blessed to have wonderful men that support us in our God ordained roles. We couldn't go through this journey of life without great men by our side.

5 comments:

crazy4boys said...

Congratulations!!! This is a very sweet post. We'll be celebrating 11 years on Friday.

Misty said...

What a beautiful tribute--and a lovely model for others to follow. Congratulations on 13 years!

Abbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbie said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful picture of the both of you studying God's word together each day. That is beautiful, and most definitely the kind of marriage I hope to have someday, Lord willing.

Cassandra said...

Happy anniversary!!