Monday, December 29, 2008

12/29/08: #6 The Sixth Month Purge

Today we put up our Christmas decorations. Ahhh! I love having my house put together. When things are not in their regular place it drives me nuts! Alex is home again all this week and so he obliged me with the decorations.

We also did "The Sixth Month Purge" which just means we went through things and took out of the house the things we didn't need anymore. Ahhhh again! The kids ended up switching their rooms around again so that necessitated a through gutting.

Olivia worked on her Adobe Photo Shop Elements or whatever it's called. She also had a mentor lesson about it from my sister. She was very happy.

We had a family council this morning and went over some general family things. (like switching rooms) We also voted to implement the "Bean Counter Game." We'll see how that goes. I'll do a separate post on that in a couple of days.

We went "to town" today to play at the McDonald's playground for our cousins birthday. Tonight half the kids are at their cousins house spending the night and the other half are here with some cousins. We have cake and ice cream in a bit also for the birthday cousin.

We accomplished a lot today. They worked hard and played hard. I'm smiling because my house is put back together.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, that sounds wonderful! I love when my house is clean, organized, and purged!!

Celeste B. said...

We put our Christmas stuff away and I felt the exact same way! Yeah! My house is back to normal. The Christmas stuff seems so "busy".

Congratulations on your purge! It feels nice when it is all down. It took me several days to complete mine. I had to go room by room and spend an entire day on each. Not because they were messy, just because that is all the organizing I can stand for one day.