Wednesday, January 21, 2009

01:21/09: Can I start this day over?

Today was one of those days that I wish I could have started over and tried again. It seemed the the forces of not doing mom school were after me today! Our morning routine was total messed with for a number of reason and this afternoon we had various things going on. One thing was accomplished though: my suburban is out of the shop as of 5pm, thanks to my dad. So now I can actually drive somewhere and I don't have to schedule rides...sigh...

No Mom School Today! Alex was home this morning.
Idaho History: We filled out our packets for our "Day on the Hill" this Friday.

Olivia
Religion: Read a chapter in the Book of Mormon.
Family History: Read another biography of Olive Ward.
Math: Lesson 87
Language Arts: Prepositions
Typing: Typing an old biography of Olive Ward (her ggrandma and namesake for her grandma)
Government: Read in a Government book about how governments run.
Life Skills: She prepared several recipes today out of a Boxcar Children Cookbook. She made pancakes, corn bread, chocolate pudding and macaroni and cheese.
Had Activity Days.

Jared
Religion: Read one chapter in his Old Testament Reader.
Music: Practiced the piano.
Math: Lesson 78
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Handwriting: Did a cursive writing lesson.
Free Reading: Read 3 chapters of Eragon.
PE: 30 min of Wii boxing.
Science: Watched a science video about dinosaurs.
He had scouts.

Luke
Music: Practiced his piano lesson.
Science: Watched a science video about dinosaurs.
Math: Did one Saxon Math 2 lesson.
Spelling: 1 spell drill
Phonics/Handwriting: Did 5 pages of Explode the Code.
Free Reading: Read for over an hour in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe.
PE: 30 min of Wii sports.
He had scouts.

Caleb
Math: Did one math work book page.
Spelling: 1 spell drill.
Phonics/Handwriting: Did 7 pages of Explode the Code.
Science: Watched a science video about dinasaurs.
PE: 30 min of Wii sports.

To Show Parent Core/Love of Learner/Scholar here are some things we modeled to the children today...
Deanna: Scriptures, journal, went to a book club, help at Cub Scouts, laundry, packed, read A Tale of Two Cities for an hour in the evening, and overall resisted loosing my mind since my day was NOT in my control. (My dad was even teasing me about it when he drove me the 20 miles to get my vehicle).
Alex: Scriptures, read a chapter in the book Leadership 101 by Maxwell, scheduled a trip in March, went to work conference in Pocatello, listened to old recordings from the national radio archives.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh my goodness, I have had to do the whole schedule rides thing many times and it is the pits!

You guys are getting more done than I am! I just can't get myself into the swing of things...you know? I would settle for a gently sway....