Friday, May 21, 2010

Our Arena

One of the things the kids wanted on our 80 acres was an arena to practice with their horses. Alex spent several hours scrapping one of the pastures so we could have our "arena." Maybe someday well get metal posts to go around it so it's a real arena. For now Olivia and Jared have had fun practicing barrels on it. I still laugh to think that me, the city girl, has horses, an arena and 80 acres. How did this happen? Oh, yeah, I had Olivia, the horse whisperer. You have to love Luke at the bottom. He loves playing at the land. Notice how muddy and wet he is. Of course he has a stick too.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I just saw these pictures and was just a little envious!! Sometimes I have a hard time with not being able to actually ride our horses.

Fanny is looking beautiful, by the way. I saw that first picture, and I hardly recognized her!

Thank you for sharing these pictures!

Lara said...

What is it with these girls and horses? I have never cared much for them myself. My daughter is begging for a round pen to train her horse. I told her to start a list because I'm sure it will never end.